Trailer Refrigeration Unit For Sale
Our trailer refrigeration unit for sale is a 115- volt plug and play solution for small refrigerated and freezer trailers up to about 16 feet long. We designed them to complement the lightweight insulated truck bodies we install them in. The unit only draws 13.5 amps on any standard 15 amp electrical outlet and is amazing. Installed on our standard 7×12 we see them get to -10 in the Florida heat during June, July and August.
Trailer Refrigeration Cost
Call now and tell us about your project and application to see if it’s a fit for our unit. We won’t sell it to you if it won’t work for your application.
It’s important to note that the refrigeration unit is only part of the total solution. If it’s installed on on box without the proper doors, door seals and insulation than the unit won’t get to maximize temperatures possible.
The good news is that it is simple to install, no refrigeration tech needed, cut a hole, 4 bolts and you done, will work better than any window unit and give you that professional look to your business.
Small Trailer Refrigeration Units
This refrigeration unit’s design focuses on the users needs. Its technical brilliance includes digital temperature control, ensuring airflow remains steady, regardless of external conditions.
This versatility ensures whether you’re shipping seafood or flowers, your cargo is in optimal conditions. With the ability to switch between freezing and cooling, and a broad temperature range, this unit becomes a must-have for businesses.
Specific use cases where this refrigeration unit shines include event catering, farmers markets, medical transport, and as an emergency backup during natural disasters or power outages. It’s an invaluable asset for small to medium businesses, especially during harvest or holiday seasons, when there’s a surge in demand.
What's Your Application
Trailer Refrigeration Kit: 115-Volt Freeze Or Cool Compact System
The mono-block design makes it super easy to install just cut a hole 4 bolts and you are done. This basic refrigeration system is easy to maintain and service. No need to spend an extra $100/ Hr., for a specialist to look after it, unless you want to…
Our Thermo King and Carrier customers like this unit when they are changing out the units on their existing party trailers because it saves them time and money.
This solution is for the professional that has a large investment in product riding behind them, but if you still believe in the Tooth Fairy and Santa Clause then maybe a window unit is for you!
Sizes & Specs
Refrigerated Truck Box
6x8 Refrigerated Trailer
7x12 Refrigerated Trailer
7x16 Refrigerated Trailer
Custom Refrigerated Trailer
Remember that trailer refrigeration is only part of a successful outcome and although it is important it is also critical to put in on a properly insulated box especially if you want to maximize efficiency or need to keep your product frozen. We discourage folks every day from installing trailer refrigeration on cargo trailers that have been retrofitted. Why, because their main structure is made of wood and the question is not am I going to get mold or mildew but when am I going to get it.
To Get The Best Out Of Your Refrigeration Unit In A Nutshell
How Does a Small Refrigerated Trailer Work?
A small refrigerated trailer, often referred to as a ‘reefer trailer’, is a specialized transportation unit designed to maintain perishable goods at specific temperatures during transit. Here’s a breakdown of how it operates:
- Insulation: The trailer walls, floor, and roof are lined with high-quality insulation, usually made of foam or other insulating materials. This ensures minimal thermal exchange between the interior and exterior environments.
- Refrigeration Unit: At the front of the trailer, you’ll find the refrigeration unit. This is the heart of the system. It’s powered by a combination of diesel fuel and electricity.
- Thermostat Control: Within the trailer, there’s a thermostat which constantly monitors the interior temperature. When the temperature rises above the set point, it triggers the refrigeration unit to start cooling.
- Cooling Process: The refrigeration unit works on the principles of the vapor-compression refrigeration cycle. In simple terms, a refrigerant gas is compressed, causing it to release heat and become a high-pressure liquid. This liquid then flows through a series of coils inside the trailer, where it evaporates and absorbs heat from the trailer’s interior, thereby cooling the space. The gas is then compressed again, and the cycle continues.
- Air Circulation: To ensure uniform temperature throughout the trailer, fans are used to circulate the cold air. This prevents ‘hot spots’ which could jeopardize the quality of the stored goods.
- Sealed Environment: The doors of the trailer form a tight seal when closed. This helps in maintaining the desired temperature and prevents the infiltration of outside air.
- Power Source: While some trailers are equipped to run off their own batteries or the truck’s electrical system, others might have a standalone generator for the refrigeration unit.
In essence, a small refrigerated trailer is an integrated system of insulation, refrigeration, and circulation, all working in tandem to ensure perishable goods are kept at optimal temperatures during transportation.
Click the button below and Watch How Cooler Trailers Build the Best Refrigerated Trailer and Freezer Trailers in under 10 minutes!
I am the owner and founder of Cooler Trailers. I have been building small refrigerated trailers and freezer trailers since 1997. When I started in 1997 there was no one to look to for info or help. We were the niche. Today the landscape has changed but I am proud to be the pioneer that got this niche started. Our customers from Fortune 500 Companies to some of the fastest growing start-ups, allow us an opportunity to build refrigerated trailers and freezer trailers with superior design that get them superior results!